Saturday, April 28, 2007

Krakow

This morning, I saw Wawel Cathedral and was impressed by the stained glass and silver panels in the chapels. After that I checked out the Big bell and then went for a walk and saw Cloth Hall.

I decided to leave a day early (tomorrow 4/29) because the train ride is 16 hours and because I've seen everything I wanted to see. At the train station, I got my reservation and had the Polish bureaucracy experience of waiting in line a long time to get something simple done.

Afterwards, I tried to walk to Kazmierz but I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up farther east. I took the tram back and had early dinner at Chlopski Jadlo again. This time it was veal breaded and fried with potatoes and pickled veggie salads from big pots. After dinner I was awestruck by the incredible St Mary's Basilica. I got to see something great every day here in Krakow.

After that, I went back to the hotel restaurant (Metropolitan) and had two more of those great lemonades and some water. They are so good. My trip started to feel over, but it was the right time to go.

No comments: