Monday, April 30, 2007

Hamburg to Copenhagen

Last night I stayed in a kind of mediocre but clean hotel in Hamburg Altona (Best Western owned it). The little suburb of Hamburg felt safe, and it was easy to get to the Hamburg Hbf. from there as all trains leaving Altona go through the Hamburg Hbf. which is only 2 stops away.

I skipped the 7 Euro breakfast because the breakfast room smelled like warm eggs and feet. I got some good croissants at the train station and a decent cup of coffee instead and made it to EC33 Hamburg to Copenhagen--my last train for a while. I'll miss that.

The Berlin to Hamburg ICE train I took last night was damn fast, quiet, and smooth.

We just finished crossing from Puttgarden Germany to Rodby, Denmark on the M/F Princess Benedikte. The train is moving off the boat now. It's probably the same spot I crossed on the way in but I'm not sure.

In two hours I'll be in Copenhagen and then I'll look for the last hotel of my trip.

No comments: